Thursday, December 13, 2012

Baby Laughter & Body Tricks

Rossleigh has this rocker chair that we call "the mouse chair".  Why?  Because it is a baby chair with a picture of a mouse princess on it.  Anyway, the mouse chair pretty much stays in my office so that she can hang out with me while I am working on stuff from time to time.  She doesn't sit in it often, so she usually is not a huge fan and when she does sit in it, it doesn't last long.  Today, however, she was rocking out in the mouse chair!  THEN, when I pulled the little flower on the toy bar for the music to play, her face lit up in a smile and she would coo!!  She did it every time!!  Watch the video to see what I mean.  :)


I think I mentioned yesterday or the day before that Rossleigh breastfed for the first time and that my friend, Nicole came over.  So while she was here, she was trying to teach me about the art of hand expression.  I just couldn't master it (it truly is an art, and one that can only be appreciated if you need to know how to do it).  So I have been trying unsuccessfully ever since, but failing miserably.  What's worse is that I haven't been able to get Rossleigh to breastfeed anymore since that day - until today.  I watched YouTube videos per Nicole's suggestion and FINALLY mastered it - on one breast anyway! When you can do this, you can literally spray milk from your breast across the room.  It truly is a sight to be seen...or not. 

FUNNY STORY - So I was so excited, I ran downstairs to show Lance my new trick!!  I went to express the milk...and accidentally sprayed him in the eye!!  Needless to say, he was not amused.  Nope, not one teeny tiny bit.  I apologized and tried to comfort him by letting him know that he should really be thanking me.  After all, breast milk does have healing qualities.  What if he had an oncoming eye infection he was unaware of?  I probably just healed it!!  He smiled, but still wasn't too impressed with my new trick.  I'm pumped though (no pun intended).  :)

No comments: