Sunday, December 2, 2012

Looking back...

Sometimes it's hard to believe that Rossleigh is just 9 1/2 weeks old.  When I look back at everything that she's been through in her short little life, it just doesn't even seem real.  It feels like it was almost like a dream?  Fortunately (and unfortunately), I have pictures to remind me of how far she has come...

September 26th, 2012 (just shortly before noon) - Happiest day of my life!!  :)
First time I got to see her - about 10:00pm
the day she was born. It was a LONG day!

First family photo - taken the morning of her surgery (5 days old)

Post-surgery in PICU/recovery.  Swollen, but rockin' the bow!  ;)

Post-surgery...Love the expression on her face!

Happy little bean pod!


Daddy getting to REALLY hold her for the first time after surgery.
  


First time for Nana, Pops, and Gigi to get to hold Rossleigh.  Such happy, happy grandparents!


First time to be able to wear CLOTHES!!!  ;)

Sweet, smiley girl

No tubes or wires!  Last night in the hospital.  Praise the Lord!

Finally at home in my own bed!!  :)


2 comments:

Patti Wilson said...

Just looking at these pictures brings back those same happy and fearful feelings from her first 4 weeks of life. It was certainly a difficult time - one we will never forget, but the end result is this precious gift from God that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Mom

Melanie Dewey said...

I know! The tears I shed while posting them went from the fear, sadness, and then happiness that I felt throughout that journey! :)