Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve (and more from yesterday)

I forgot to mention that we went yesterday to see Santa and get a picture with him and Little Miss.  She fell asleep as we were in line and woke up right as I was placing her on his lap.  She didn't cry, but she wasn't super happy either.  This year, we had a grumpy Santa picture, but as my mama says, "all Santa pics are good ones".  I thought he was a pretty convincing Santa though.  :)



Before the Santa pics, we ate with Pops at Red Robin and then headed to Babies R Us to pick out a new carseat/stroller combo.  The one we have is definitely better than nothing.  It was one we got at a garage sale (which I guess is a no-no to start out with), plus the stroller is terrible.  It's difficult to steer and there's not room underneath for our diaper bag.  Before I had a child, I never thought about such things, which is apparently why I didn't pay attention when we got it at the garage sale...LOL  

Lordy mercy!!  I was NOT the only one who waited until the last minute for shopping!  It's crazy out there!!!  :)  Thankfully, I'm finished and have even finished the majority of the wrapping!!  I know - I'm terrible!  I'm so excited about this being Rossleigh's first Christmas.  I really wish I had been nicer to myself so that I wasn't so stressed/tired and could enjoy it a little more...Live and learn!  At least she is feeling MUCH better!!!  I cannot be more thankful for that.  

Finally, tonight was Rossleigh's first Christmas eve church service.  Mom and I've been going to the Christmas Eve service for as long as I can remember, and after Lance and I married, it remained a tradition.  This year, our number increased from 3 to 4 when Miss Rossleigh went with us.  She did GREAT!!  

On the way there, I mentioned to Lance that I didn't think she had pooped yet (oh, how your topics of conversation change when you have a child), and joked that we would probably wait until a quiet point during the church service.  Boy, was I right!!  About 5 minutes into the service, the oh-so-familiar sounds of the loud grunting started, so I took her out to change her.  LOL  Other than that and a little fussiness towards the end, she did really really well.  

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!



No comments: