Monday, December 3, 2012

Worky Stuff and Appointments

Well, it's official...I returned back to work today (but only part time until the end of the year).  I balled like a baby when I left Rossleigh before heading to work!!!  I stayed pretty busy while I was at work, so I only cried twice while I was there.  Yeahhhh, I know...I'm a wimp!  I just didn't want to leave her.  :(  It will get easier with time, I'm sure.

On top of leaving her for the first time, she had vaccinations at her 2 month checkup this morning (poor planning on my part). Cuddling my little one when she was fussy was not in the cards for today - for me, anyway.  THREE shots in her widdle wegs (that's "little legs" for those of you that don't speak babytalk) plus an oral vaccination.  Poor baby!  She's a little warrior though and she has the pink camo bandaids to prove it!!  LOL


It turns out that she is 10 lbs, 10 oz now, but hasn't grown a smidge in length!  So she's growing, but just in her tummy and cheekies!!  Little stinker!

TOMORROW - swallow function study!  Please pray that she is able to tolerate thinner fluids now.  We're praying for regular milk consistency so that she can finally take breast milk, but we'll even settle for half nectar consistency.  Even if she's still at the nectar stage, it's fine, but we're really hoping that she's had some muscle development and improvement in her throat. I'll give an update tomorrow with all the details of that!!  :)

No comments: