Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Swallow Study Adventure

Everything about arriving to the swallow function study appointment was crazy.  Once the actual study was started, things were fine.  When I received the email regarding the appointment, the instructions were to be at the hospital registration for an 11:00am appointment.  We were running down to the wire, but we managed to make it there with a couple of minutes to spare...except that when we went to check in with registration, we found out that the appointment was actually at noon and was at the Specialty Clinics office instead of the hospital.  This ended up being for the best because grunting started coming from my daughter and then a trip to the bathroom's changing table was needed - badly!!  LOL

We then made it over to the registration desk at the Specialty Clinics Building and were then told to go to a different registration desk down on the lower level.  I finally found that one and got registered, then was sent to radiology check-in, where I was told I needed to fill out 4 sheets of paperwork.  Did I mention that I had already filled out the 3 sheets of paperwork that they had already mailed. to me?  Ugh...that kinda thing bothers me.

Then when we finally get called back, we learn that Rossleigh's speech therapist, Jennifer, had jury duty today.  So we ended up working with another therapist...

For information on the actual test and results, please click HERE.

No comments: