Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Daddy Daycare

She loves it when her Daddy loves on her!
With me going back to work, it of course means that Miss Rossleigh will be cared for by someone else while I am gone.  It will usually be her daddy, a grandmother, Godmother, or neighbor, but today was Lance's first time to really solely take care of Rossleigh.  He's taken her out a couple of times, but they've only been for a couple of hours at a time (which is still more than what a lot of fathers would do, I believe) - once with her Uncle Willie and once with Pops (Lance's dad).   Today, however, was the first time he'd have her for 9-10 hours at a time with no assistance.  Man!!  He did GREAT!!  :)  

I, of course, checked in from time to time (like I believe most new mothers would do) via phone call or text to see how things were going.  He was just so cool and collected; it was obvious that Daddy had things under control.  The best part is that, in the scenario of caring for a baby all day, I think that most dads would immediately hand the baby back over to Mama as soon as she got home.  You know, like, "Okay, now you're home...it's time for YOU to take over now."  This guy?  Nuh-uh...I had to TAKE her away from him in order to get to see her.  He loved being able to have her all to himself for the day!!  LOL

I'm just so proud!  For a man who never really pictured himself as someone having children, he sure has turned out to be one amazing daddy!  :)

On another note, most people tend to think that Rossleigh looks more like me (but several see more of Lance in her), but she sure does have a few of her Daddy's characteristics.  At this point in her life, they are obviously not learned - just innate habits.  Check out the picture below.  This was taken a few days after we were able to bring her home from the hospital and she was still sleeping with us.  I left out of the room one morning to pump and when I returned I came back to this sight.  I just HAD to capture the moment!! 

They even SLEEP just alike!  Check out their legs - each of them has one hanging off the bed.  Isn't that hilarious??



No comments: